CALL US TODAY: 0161 336 0001
CAREERS Home / Careers
Trainee Sales\Estimating Position
We are currently looking for young people who have a desire to succeed, in an environment that wants you to.
Here at AD we train all our staff to high standards and look to encourage them to become the best version of themselves they can possibly be.
We provide training that is applicable to your role alongside mentoring opportunity's to help you personally. It is our belief that if you are happy in your work then you will do a great job with ease. We believe in team work here and it is a very important aspect of what we do. As we support each other and ensure that we share our knowledge, we find that Team building and bonding sessions really help with this. Check out the link below...
Find out all about the roles within AD from the people who currently work here.
We are looking to recruit for the following positions:
Trainee Sales\Estimating Engineer - Office based role 37.5 hours per, working with the sales team, learning every aspect of sales and estimating within a growing company and a team that will support you all the way.
25 days holiday + your birthday
The Recruitment Process
We are looking for individuals with an outgoing attitude to life, it would be helpful if you also had a few good GCSEs
Send your CV into firstname.lastname@example.org
We then carry out a two stage interview process followed by a week trial, which will give you the opportunity to consider if the job is what you thought and do you like it and it will give us a chance to see if you fit in with the team.
As we are a growing team we are always looking for new starters, as such there is no dead line to these openings.
An exciting position working very closely with all types of clients, the sales department and contract teams to provide support, advice, specifications, preliminary designs and quotations. It will require a dedicated and motivated individual with a a large skill set for all types of work such as ordinary / high hazard, residential, high rise, wet risers etc. They should able to take on the challenges of pre-contract work whilst engaging with clients, developing close working relationships, providing solutions, value Engineering and able to understand the clients needs. They should have a good understanding of H&S, costs and installation times. Capabilities and skills should be in line with the following, where possible:
- Provide quotations / tenders to new and existing customers;
- Establishing and maintaining and expanding customer base;
- Carry out surveys of the purpose of formulation tenders;
- The surveying, planning and designing of fixed fire protection systems to conform to current technical and quality standards, both as specified in contracts and as may be required by the company: eg BSEN 12845, FM, NFPA, BS 9251 and BS 9990.
- Assist, where able, in the training of all staff within their teams;
- In line with all other personnel, be an acceptable ambassador of the company and therefore a sales person;
- Attending site and contract meetings where necessary;
- Recognising project specific Health & Safety requirements.
- Evaluating pre-contract variations and advise implications
- Recognise the ongoing need for change and encourage adaptation to change.
- Provide training and development of all staff within their teams where necessary.
- Encouraging teamwork and supporting all members of staff where reasonably expected.
- Attend client meetings to provide information and guidance to help them put together specifications.
- Produce outline specifications and support for clients and consultants.
- Provide technical and general support to the sales team.
- Formulate sales reports to submit to the sales manager monthly.
Preferred Computer Skills Required
- FHC – Canute.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- LPCB qualifications – e.g. Basic, Intermediate & FHC.
Salary - Negotiable depending upon experience.
Company Car - Allowance to choose own vehicle - (Driving licence is required).
Fuel Card - Personal and company use.
Mobile Phone - Iphone or Android.
Holidays - 25 days + Bank Holidays + Birthday.
Please send your application letter and CV to: email@example.com